|JoanNestle.com|||||Foyer|||||Dining Room|||||Living Room|||||Bedroom & Study|||||Dis Lounge|||||Garden|
At-Home with Gila Svirsky
1 December 2000
Subject: Principles and Action
We, Israeli and Palestinian women, citizens of Israel, activists for peace and representatives of a large number of womens organizations in Israel, have agreed to the following principles for solution of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict at a meeting of the Coalition of Women for a Just Peace in Nazareth on 29 November 2000:
- An end to the occupation.
- Establishment of the state of Palestine side by side with the state of Israel based on the 1967 borders.
- Recognition of Jerusalem as the shared capital of two states.
- Israel must recognize its responsibility for the results of the 1948 war, and find a just solution to the Palestinian refugee problem.
- Opposition to the militarism that permeates Israeli society.
- Equality, inclusion and justice for Palestinian citizens of Israel.
- Equal rights for women and for all residents of Israel.
- The full involvement of women in negotiations for peace.
- Social and economic justice for Israels citizens, and integration in the region.
The Coalition of Women for a Just Peace call upon all women who affirm these principles Jews, Palestinians, and others to join us in a mass rally, vigil, and march through the streets of Jerusalem on Friday, December 29. Mark this date in your calendars. More information will be coming.
This rally is critical in our campaign to promote these views and influence the positions of candidates for election in Israel.
January 1991: War Is a Crime
March 1996: Bombs, Revenge, and One Iota of Hope
2 Nov 1996: Hand in Hand in Hebron
4 Apr 1997: Children Still Alive and Abdallah
25 May 1998: So We Wont Die in Any More Wars
10 July 1998: Lena Doesnt Live Here Anymore
2 Aug 1998: Lenas New Home... Destroyed
3 Jan 1999: Rifle Grenade #400
9 July 1999: A Housewarming for Peace
23 Jan 2000: The Politics of the Tree
18 Oct 2000: On Violence by Israeli Arabs
10 Nov 2000: Peace Efforts in Israel
22 Nov 2000: We Refuse to Be Enemies
23 Nov 2000: Meeting of Women MKs for Peace
26 Nov 2000: Views of Faisal Husseini
28 Nov 2000: Lack of coverage for womens events
1 Dec 2000: Principles and Action
8 Dec 2000: Women in Black today
30 Dec 2000: On the Way to Crowning Jerusalem with Peace
Letters from Jerusalem, 2001
Letters from Jerusalem, 2002
Letters from Jerusalem, 2003
New & recent letters from Jerusalem (2004)
Resources and Links